Why did The Rothschild Investment Corporation bought $235,000 worth in Bitcoin?

We at Intercoin are pleased to see more and more hedge funds managers or banks investing in cryptocurrency and blockchain startups. What do you think is the reason for that?
Do they want to make sure they don’t miss out on the next evolution of money?

The Rothschild Investment Corporation (total value of assets $1.4 billion) bought $235,000 worth in Bitcoin and it’s not the first case we’ve seen this month.
screenshot-www.trustnodes.com-2020.10.16-13_14_56

Many banks still reject the idea of working with digital currencies and some of them even refuse to open a bank account for crypto players, even though many of them have blockchain working groups, and they’re very active in investigating the potential of the technology.
Why is that?

All banks have to take this technology very seriously as Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) implementations are around the corner. Especially after Central banks and BIS published the first CBDC report laying out key requirements. ( Press release: Central banks and BIS publish first central bank digital currency (CBDC) report laying out key requirements)

It looks like they began to understand that if they don’t start incorporating some of these new technologies into their business model they won’t be able to survive in the new digital currency world. One of the reasons iTunes, Bloomberg, Pandora or The New York Times thrived, was because they embraced the new technology rather than fighting or denying the threat.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

2 Likes

Hey @lvcaozhao I don’t understand Why you are taking about it here. Yes, this word is not in use very often and especially not in this article…

I just joined Xiaobai and don’t know anything. What is this platform for?

2 Likes

Yes @MarsildaB Rothschild is one of the biggest independent investors and they are historically working with “preserve” investment strategy. So if even they believe in Bitcoin, then everyone else would be satisfied with it. It’s just a matter of time… (IMHO)

No loss is an old driver

Oh, now I understand and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Welcome @lvcaozhao to the community :wink:
This platform is a community of people interested in blockchain technology and supporting Intercoin platform for better financial achievements for everyone.

1 Like

Hello, welcome to the community forum. If you are new to the platform we would suggest you go to the introduction post and tell us a little bit about yourself, how did you hear about the community forum, and what are you trying to get out of this :slight_smile:

1 Like

People are treating bitcoin as a commodity really, and not a currency. I think it makes more sense that way, and it may be why some funds are making an allocation into bitcoin. As a currency nobody uses it, but it seems that people are seeing it as a store of value now.

2 Likes