Ukrainian central bank suspends electronic cash transfers, bolstering the use case for crypto

Ukrainian central bank suspends electronic cash transfers, bolstering the use case for crypto

Ukraine’s central bank is cracking down on digital money transfers in one of the latest measures implemented in connection with a nationwide declaration of martial law.

Crazy times! Self custody your crypto people!

4 Likes

Another example is when the the GoFundMe money for the Canadian truckers was seized, they cant do that with Crypto bar turning the internet/power off. And yeah ive taken most of what I had off exchanges, you never know what’s going to happen.

1 Like

Agreed Carter. It can be scary when the government gets involved. I always tell people never leave any money on exchanges and to always keep in a decentralized wallet/ledger. :+1:

I really feel for the Ukrainian people. What they are going through is already a tough and sad situation. Now the government really wants to control their cash transfers too? I hope the crypto enthusiasts over there have decentralized wallets with emergency backup money… Unfortunately only 12% of Ukrainians hold crypto.

See this article from 2021
Cryptocurrency Ownership Data for Ukraine 2021 | TripleA.