Introduce yourself!

Here is a brief bio:
Thomas H. Greco, Jr. is a preeminent scholar, author, educator, and community economist. He is widely regarded as a leading authority on moneyless exchange, community currencies, and financial innovation, and is a sought after speaker internationally. He has conducted workshops and lectured in 15 countries on five continents and has been advisor to currency projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe, India, China, Africa, New Zealand and elsewhere.

He has authored numerous articles and books, the most recent of which is titled, The End of Money and the Future of Civilization .

You can find a more complete description of me and my work at, https://beyondmoney.net/about/

6 Likes

Aaron Chauncey. Pleased to be a member. I want to learn more about Intercoin and buy some.

I work in manufacturing, I program machine tools, draw in Autocad and use Mastercam. I am also a process engineer, involved in 5S and Six sigma processes.

I have been interested in Bitcoin for a decade. I want to try to figure out a way to start a crypto business, but I am not sure what I can get involved with.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! A solid economics perspective is sorely needed on community currencies. Technology by itself is not enough, but it can unlock new possibilities. Can cryptocurrency have a role to play in rescuing communities by letting money be donated from people outside?

3 Likes

Welcome, @aaron_chauncey !

If youā€™re looking to buy some Intercoin, fill out the form at https://intercoin.org and we will be in touch next week.

You can also book a time to attend our weekly webinar and ask any questions you like, at https://calendly.com/intercoin/webinar-presentation

Intercoin is out to solve the major problems holding crypto back from becoming mainstream:

If youā€™re looking to start a crypto business or a project, at this point we can help with the technology and even to raise money. Just let us know what exactly you would like to do. Weā€™ve had various folks reach out to us about it.

4 Likes

Welcome all! Thank you everyone for your introductions ā€“ we are making some big moves this month and will be posting updates here on the forum so stick around and see!

3 Likes

Hi Team,
My name is Martin. Cybersecurity nerd and general techie, Iā€™ve been a cryptocurrency and blockchain enthusiast for the past few year and iā€™m excited to learn more about the Intercoin project. Iā€™ve spent the past 15 years building and leading cybersecurity and risk management teams across various industries, from Healthcare and Financial Services to Life Sciences and AppSec. I hope to learn more about how Intercoin can be leveraged to solve complex and perhaps not so complex security challenges that many companies struggle with on a daily basis.

6 Likes

Martin! So happy to have you with us here, and with that kind of experience, Greg and I definitely have a lot to learn from you :slight_smile:

Since you are a technie I refer you to the technical whitepaper here so you can dig in haha.

Hope to see you around!

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Zeni,
I run a small plumbing business and have extensive experience in managing and operating businesses and staff!
I have been into investing and trading for a while now and I also love traveling and exploring!
I just started a YouTube channel called ā€œinvest and explore with Zeniā€ where i show videos of places i visit and also show recording of trades i make. I will be posting videos on how to invest for beginners all the way to trading options. Not an expert, but so far it has been great!

I look forward to learn more about intercoin and see how it benefits communities and how they are different from major cryptos!

How do i explain Intercoin to a person with no knowledge on cryptos and how does it stand apart! Can also make a video on that and share it with people!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Hey Zeni, Norman here from the Intercoin team, pleasure to have you. In my view, the best way to explain to a person with no knowledge is that its faster and cheaper than Bitcoin, and people can program the coins to do things like giving group discounts and special promotions

5 Likes

Great. A lot of the terminology used on cryptos is very new to a lot of people.
So, thank you for sharing your insight on it.

Is there a limited amount of tokens produced? or is there a different comment thread for this type of questions.

5 Likes

no worries, I can answer you questions here. Only 1 billion coins will be issued

4 Likes

And what happens if the need for more coins arise? How are new coins generated if they can be.

4 Likes

If there a need for more coins people can just buy and sell among each other

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Marsilda. I grew up in Albania and moved to Connecticut almost 8 years ago. We than moved to New Hampshire 5 years ago and it was one of the best decision we made to start our family. I finished my second Bachelor degree from University of Connecticut in Business, Marketing.

I have 7+ years of sales experience from telemarketing, field sales, retail, IT solution provider and more than 7+ Marketing experience from social media, digital marketing, and product management for multiple tech companies, publishing, start ups, and Cisco Security.

Iā€™m the Director of Marketing for Intercoin and i am trying to grow our presence in social media, increase our engagement and SEO, brand awareness, email marketing and so much more. Intercoin is working in so many exciting projects, we just need your help and my expertise to showcase it and make the world aware of it. So please follow Intercoin on FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Youtube & enage in our posts.

Looking forward to meeting all of you. Feel free to connect with me on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marsilda-bialczak-69983161/

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

My name is Kelsia ( Kel-see- ah) and I am currently a student at the University of Texas at Austin majoring in Finance, Canfield Business Honors, and International Relations and Global Studies. I have experience in fundraising and I am also a Research Assistant and an Undergraduate TA.

I was introduced to cryptocurrency after I attended a Model UN conference on the growth of Bitcoin and blockchain technology. Since then, I have found the industry very interesting and I am excited to learn more about it. As a Digital Marketing Intern, I am looking forward to raising awareness about Intercoin and sharing its amazing initiatives.

5 Likes

Welcome on Board Kelsia. We are very happy to have you

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Saranda Rugova. I am a scriptwriter and journalist. I finished my Bachelors on Playwriting and Masters on Scriptwriting in University of Prishtina. Actually, I am accepted on Master Program at Hunter College, New York.

I worked for 7 years as a journalist and meantime in movie production, where I managed few projects, as a TV shows, movies and Advertising. I published many articles on different fields such as cultural and political. Also, published a book with three Dramas for theatre.

About Intercoin and Cryptocurrency I heard through social media and I am looking further to learn more about the projects they are implementing. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/saranda-rugova-13426b182/

6 Likes

Welcome all! Great to have you

5 Likes

Welcome Sara! we love to have journalists on board haha. Looking forward to get to know you and working with you

3 Likes

Hello everyone,
My name is Arjeta and Iā€™m currently a student at the University of Elbasan ,Faculty of Economics in the field of Economic Infomatics . Iā€™ve always been interested in technology and in world-changing ideas thatā€™s why I find Intercoin very interesting .
I heard about Intercoin through Social Media and since then,Iā€™m looking forward to learn more about Intercoin and to see how this idea will affect to community. Looking forward to meeting all of you .

4 Likes