I want my Crypto...NOW!

Focus, agility, strength, strategy and raw talent are all traits of a well-rounded athlete. Wait…we forgot one trait. SPEED! Living in a society where we want everything now can be a bit overwhelming at times. They say things worth having are worth waiting for. Well, this does not apply when it comes to money/crypto. In the new digital economy speed is king.

Let’s take a look at some transaction speeds when it comes to crypto vs traditional banking. With traditional banking, a transaction can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks! This is unacceptable for those needing their funds right away. Crypto is virtually instant. There still is a waiting time for your crypto to hit your wallet, (from an instant to 2.5 hours) but it is processed immediately. It also depends on which crypto you are using and network conditions.

What if transactions per second were practically unlimited? Yes, UNLIMITED! Intercoin is the next step in the evolution of money. It enables communities around the world to issue and manage their own currency-as-a-service (CaaS), to circulate among their local population. With traditional currencies being hosted on global networks that require a global consensus, they also have major drawbacks. Speed is one of them. Intercoin allows communities to transact within the community without the need to sort transactions from different local communities.

Consensus comes at a serious cost. It is slow and requires knowledge of all participants and transactions: any time a group of participants achieves a consensus, it may be overturned when they later learn of a larger group of participants that achieved a conflicting consensus, invalidating previous payments. Secondly, the process can completely break down when more than ⅓ of the participants are dishonest, allowing them to prevent any further progress in the system indefinitely. The DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) Intercoin is building, is completely decentralized and can scale to communities of any size that wants to run their own payment network.

Speed is just one of the incredible traits Intercoin has to offer. It’s about time communities get what they need not now, but right now!

3 Likes

My simple comment. I love bitcoin. It’s a great store of value. But when it comes to payments there are better, cheaper, faster options! Intercoin☁️

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more Stacey! Love the meme :joy:

3 Likes

I think this is one of the reasons why many banks (at lest publicly) had been vocal against crypto. The current cross border system is sooo profitable for them, money flowing through a whole host of banks hands each taking their fee. Though the narrative is definitely changing now and a lot different from a few years ago.

3 Likes

One of the best of the worst payment system that I see to send money locally or internationally is World remit. It is cheaper than WU or MG but it takes like half a day for a bank to bank transfer. With crypto, I love the fact that you can have access to your currency in mins. However, what sucks is off ramp to a traditional bank account. It feels like it takes forever!

1 Like

This is very true! Sometimes the banks take days. They are so behind on technology I feel. They might as well convert :rofl:

1 Like

I could only imagine what the next few years will bring as well. Maybe no more banks……crypto only?

lol I don’t believe the banks are going to roll over and give up their power to the people. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

1 Like