HSBC purchased a virtual plot of LAND within The Sandbox Metaverse

HSBC bank enters The Sandbox to offer educational finance games to engage with global financial services & sports communities in The Sandbox Metaverse.

All that happened after they announced its intention to buy a virtual plot of LAND within The Sandbox for an undisclosed amount.

The banking giant will reportedly focus on financial literacy offerings and "work with our sports partners, brand ambassadors and Animoca Brands to co-create experiences that are educational, inclusive and accessible,” according to Suresh Balaji, HSBC’s chief marketing officer for the Asia-Pacific region.

I think it is only the beginning of all of the expansions in the virtual world!

What else would you like to see in the Metaverse?

2 Likes

I would like to see esports tournaments happen in the metaverse. I think it’s the use case that’s most native to metaverse. For example, league of legends champsionships are held in Madison Square Garden in New York every year – which while cool, in my opinion isn’t as fitting as if they just did the entire thing in the metaverse.

3 Likes

There is so much that can be done with the metaverse! I had my eyes opened with NFTs not long ago.

But the metaverse is a totally different level!

2 Likes

I am not surprised one of the major banks is entering the metaverse. I believe we are going to see a lot more financial institutions hop on board. I think it will be cool to see more brands like Valentino and technology companies like Apple hop on board if they haven’t already. Who knows what will be in the metaverse 5 years from now :scream_cat:

1 Like

Actually, flagship stores are already in Decentraland and high fashion has gone virtual over the course of March 24-27, Metaverse Fashion Week
Some of the industry’s most iconic brands to made their Web3 debut include the following: Dolce&Gabbana, Etro, Elie Saab, Imitation of Christ, DUNDAS, Nicholas Kirkwood in collaboration with White Rabbit, crypto and metaverse-themed watchmaker Franck Muller, FaithTribe, Chufy, Jacob & Co, Monnier Frères, Franck Muller, Gary McQueen, Mert Otsamo, Guo Pei, and AUROBOROS.

I’ll post a separate article about it as had several of our friends and future partners there :wink:

1 Like