Elon Musk says he's considering building a new social media platform

Elon Musk says he’s considering building a new social media platform

• The billionaire made the remark after claiming that Twitter doesn’t allow for free speech.
  • “Given that Twitter serves as the de facto public town square, failing to adhere to free speech principles fundamentally undermines democracy,” he wrote on Twitter. “What should be done?”
  • Musk has in the past proclaimed that he and his companies are working on exciting products — but often, the proposed innovations aren’t realized within the projected timeline.

Elon Musk said he is giving “serious thought” to building a new social media platform in a Tweet on Saturday. He did not share any specifics on what the hypothetical social media platform would look like or how it would work.

I absolutely love Twitter but… you cannot deny the points he mentioned are valid! :100:

1 Like

He’s 100% right, I understand there needs to be some rules, direct personal threats etc but it has went too far. I’ve seen people being banned for posting links to legitimate mainstream sources that don’t align with their beliefs.

If only someone had built a platform where users have have control over their own data…Oh wait!

1 Like