Do we need Web 3.0 working in line with new sanctions in the U.S.?

Today I was really frustrated and disappointed to see a post from a colleague of mine about challenges for people who work in the #blockchain, #Web3 and #nfts ecosystem.

The two applications the OpenSea and MetaMask that claim to be #decentralized, apparently have banned the accounts of Iranians and Venezuelan citizens. It is especially disturbing to see during the period of turmoil as the Web3.0 world, which is supposed to be โ€œdecentralizedโ€, has also begun to have access barriers due to problems between countries and working in line with new sanctions in the U.S. which is really embarrassing to hear.

The main problem is that in the past few days we had so much outrageous and ridiculous political news in regards to the war between Russia and Ukraine that many of us even forgot that WE have to defend decentralization and our right to access Web3.

๐—œ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ท๐˜‚๐˜€๐˜ ๐—ฎ ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐—ฝ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐˜† but it is a social movement, as we are creating infrastructure for companies and communities to move to Web 3.0

But this news about Infura ( that provides Infrastructure as a Service) threatens the decentralization of Web3 in the future and is again limiting the talents of Iran and other countries isolated from the free world.

Letโ€™s defend decentralization and equitable access to the Web3 TOGETHER for all people around the world as we cannot be silent about the restrictions for artists in Iran and Venezuela.

2 Likes

I could not agree more. I first seen this news on Twitter and thought to myself there is no way. So then I did some research and it was correct. Wow!!!

2 Likes

This is why we need solutions like Sentinel, an open source decentralised VPN. There are a few VPNs using Sentinel now such as Velocity and Exidio (which I use). Unrestricted and censorship free access to web3.

https://sentinel.co/

1 Like