Bored Apes Go Hollywood With Coinbase-Produced Movie Trilogy

Bored Apes Go Hollywood With Coinbase-Produced Movie Trilogy

The trio of films will tie into the launch of Coinbase’s long-awaited NFT marketplace.

The Bored Ape Yacht Club is getting its own film trilogy, with crypto exchange Coinbase (COIN) behind the camera.

The films are just the latest boost in what has been a stellar six weeks for a project many now see as the face of the non-fungible token (NFT) sector. That includes the launch of the ApeCoin (APE) token on March 18 and the acquisition of rival blue-chip project CryptoPunks by BAYC’s parent company, Yuga Labs, the week prior.

The first of three installments for the series of animated short films, titled “The Degen Trilogy,” will premiere at NFT.NYC in June, with the NFT community of apes and non-apes alike having a say in parts of the film’s plot.

Bored Ape owners are invited to submittheir apes for consideration as characters in the trilogy, along with made-up character descriptions that will be reviewed by an actual Hollywood casting director.

This is so cool to me. The utility in the BAYC continue to grow. Something is worth what people are willing to pay and people see value in these. This is another example. :point_down:

Bored & Hungry: IRL Restaurant for the Web3 Community

Bored & Hungry pop-up launches in Long Beach on Saturday. Boardroom caught up with Andy Nguyen — the mastermind behind the restaurant — and his partner Bun B for the latest “Boardroom Spotlight.”

NFTs are more than digital art. Bored & Hungry proves that the intellectual property attached to an NFT can be transformed into various brand and business endeavors.

Since you can’t really eat in Web3 yet, Andy Nguyen, a restaurant entrepreneur and Web3 enthusiast, came up with a new way to bring the NFT community together: the Bored & Hungry IRL restaurant, opening as a pop-up on Saturday in Long Beach, California.

Nguyen purchased Bored Ape #6184 for roughly $267,000 on March 1. He told Boardroom that this was his fourth Bored Ape Yacht Club purchase, and the process of acquiring Bored Ape #6184 took about three months.

Nguyen always envisioned monetizing his Bored Ape portfolio.

Two weeks after making the big purchase, Nguyen announced his partnership with Houston rapper Bun B’s Trill Burgers and Beleaf Burgers to open Bored & Hungry, a pop-up Smashburger restaurant. Nguyen maximized Yuga Labs’ policy that enables BAYC holders to utilize their ape’s likeness, branding the concept with #6184.

The inspiration behind Bored & Hungry sparked from Nguyen’s goal to break the stigma around NFT use cases and to make a statement in the growing Web3 industry.

I have a good friend that a year ago she tried to convince me I needed BAYC NFT, I thought she was crazy. Apparently I was crazy!!!

1 Like

Another diamond in the rough! lol good post again, and no you were not crazy… the fad is passing. It will be interesting to see if the Apes hold their value throughout the bear market into the next supercycle