Autonomy, Mastery and Purpose

Great talk by Dan Pink years ago about behavioral economics… still true today, perhaps more than ever:

UBI + Ownerless Gift Economies for the digital space (knowledge, entertainment, software, data and information) can beat the for-profit models in many ways.

• Wikipedia beat Encarta and Britannica.
  • Open source browser engines beat Internet Explorer
  • Science beat Alchemy

Various venture capitalists agree, that capital works differently online because the marginal cost of making a copy is effectively zero:

https://worldaftercapital.com

5 Likes

It makes no sense until you get it, then it ALL makes sense! :100:

3 Likes

Thank you @Greg_Magarshak for sharing!

I discovered the mastery of Dan Pink a long time ago when I stumbled upon his book "Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. I was at a crossroads in my life after the extended period of being a dedicated mom with a lot of business experiences in my life.

That was a book that helped me to understand that I’m “Unemployable” despite the number of my skills or experience as NO company in London can give me the freedom that I need. That was the point when I realised that instead, I need to create my own consulting company to support multiple clients when they need it.

Here is another animated Core Message from Dan Pink

2 Likes

Definitely falls in line with all of my Social Experiments based off of my own Life experience working with children and coaching clients. When ever we are doing something we LOVE…we always do our BEST Work. When ever we are having FUN Working we always do our BeST Work. All of our Highest Achievements in Life are based off of our most earliest experiences as children Playing and having Fun. Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been fortunate to have worked with the same company Daniel was involved with doing work with back in the early 2000’s. While I haven’t met him in person…during that time we shared some conversations together over email. Besides being brilliant…he’s a really nice guy.

2 Likes