A Different Kind of Interview: Homeless in San Francisco

Greg Magarshak, CEO of Intercon takes a tour around San Francisco. He meets a homeless man and they end up having an interesting conversation.

They talk about an app that we can build to help their situation.

Watch the video to learn more!

2 Likes

Loved that interview @Gregory_Magarshak1. It was really Deep and Introspective. Allowing us to see how the homeless move on the streets of San Francisco was really ground level stuff. Reminded me of the interactions I used to have with the homeless in Chicago’s Uptown Community when I landed in Chicago as a teenager.

This has that great behind the scenes reveal…as we get to see why this guy has ad made living on the streets of San Francisco a way of life.

If you go through the video a second time this guy shows how close you are to having a product that could be beneficial to the homeless…at least what kinds of things are beneficial to a homeless person in San Francisco…

Which means there may be tremendous value in modifying the app according to where the person is Homeless. Because what may inspire a Homeless person in San Francisco will be SOOO unique in some ways that you may not be able to apply all of the aspects to a person Homeless in Chicago…New York or Arkansas.

Great video and I’ll be sure to share it on my Social…Thanks.

2 Likes

It’s a very unusual interview @Gregory_Magarshak1 and I’m glad that you managed to dedicate your time to it. In my opinion, he wasn’t the usual homeless person I’d seen in London. And I was glad to hear about his interests and values with a desire to help youth.

Actually, I’ve googled the topic and found that every two years, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) requires that all communities receiving federal funding for homelessness services conduct a Point-in-Time (PIT) Count of people experiencing homelessness.

The PIT Count is the primary source of nationwide data on homelessness and identifies people living in unsheltered and sheltered settings.

HSH conducted the 2022 PIT Count on February 23, 2022 and released preliminary data in August when published a report with in-depth information about the results of the count.

This photo provides a summary of key findings.

The full report is linked below.

1 Like